Mysterious Tiny Holes Appearing in your Tops & T-shirts?
Until now, no one really understood what causes the tiny holes in your favourite tops.
There were a number of theories out there, including:
- Cooking - Leaning against the kitchen counter while cooking/baking, making coffee or washing dishes, which causes your top to rub against the waist (button, belt buckle, edge of the jeans that is beside the button, etc.) of your pants or against the counter top (especially granite ones).
- Leaning against a desk or countertop
- Seat Belts rubbing against your top and denim hardware.
- Manufacturer Error – Tiny holes caused by mechanical damage when the top is manufactured.
- Clothing quality of tops, even from more expensive labels, just doesn’t cut it anymore!
- Zipper - When you zip up your pants, your shirt may rub against the zipper or the zipper may stick out.
- Washing Machines – your tops are catching on something in your washing machine such as a torn drum or something that you have washed with your tops like a jean or trouser zipper. If this is true though, why are the little holes always in the same place on the shirts?
- Kids - If you have young kids, it could be from the rubbing of the button against the shirt when you carry them.
- Chemicals – Harsh detergents, disinfectant cleaners, bleach, and antibacterial lotions that you use in your household can get on your clothes and eat away at the fabric. Why do they occur in the same place?
- Cat or Pet nails – cause tiny holes when they jump or scratch
- Wear and Tear - When you pull your top over your head to take it on or off, your finger nails wear the fabric away little by little.
- Shopping trolleys at the grocery store.
- Pulling your shirt down when it rides up.
- Laundry Baskets - When you carry the basket, it could rest right against your waist, so the shirt you are wearing rubs against the basket, snagging on the edges of the basket holes.
- Putting On Makeup – when you lean over a counter to put on makeup the denim hardware can rub against the fabric.
- Your wedding ring or jewelry may be snagging your top causing holes
- Bugs/Insects - Moths, carpet beetle larvae, or silver fish. What? That is disgusting… And why would they only chomp a hole in the same area?
- Top Sabotage – caused by the apparel manufacturers themselves to sell more tops.
It's mostly caused by your jeans button!
Or your belt (if you wear one) causing these holes! Your button rubs against your top that then rubs against anything you lean into, such as a kitchen countertop. This is the cause. Tried and tested...
You can stop this though - use the Holé Button Cover.